Thursday, February 3, 2011

Enjoy What You Have

As a small token of appreciation to my customers I've begun including a Dove chocolate with their order.  Not only is the chocolate a little treat for the taste buds, but the sayings on the wrapper can be a little treat for the soul.  Recently I indulged in a chocolate myself and found a saying that really got to me.  It said, "Take a moment, enjoy what you have.  You see, I suffer from the grass is always greener syndrome.  And generally once I have the grass from the other side, I'm already looking beyond the next fence.  So this was a good reminder for me, I have a lot to be thankful for and I need to enjoy it!

One of my hobbies besides making jewelry is painting, I'm not very good at it, but it's something that I like doing and it's very therapeutic for me.  So to de-stress from the day's work I pulled out my paints and canvas and put that saying from the chocolate wrapper to good use. 

The Inspiration:


The Process:



The Result:



I'm going to hang it in my studio as a well needed reminder :) 

To see some of my newly created jewelry designs visit my website: 

I hope you're all taking the time to enjoy what you have as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment