Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspiration - Amethyst Bracelets

My designs don't always come as easily to me as the Turquoise Necklace did.  But the same creative process still takes place, I start with the materials, and a need.  This past week I found myself in need of some bracelets, and I had these wonderful amethyst beads that had been sitting on my shelves unused.  So I started to play around with them, I mixed and matched the amethyst with other beads until a few ideas were formed.  Then I sketched out my design:
After creating a sketch or two I got to work on the real thing.  Sometimes I get lucky and the actual piece of jewelry turns out just as I envisioned it, but other times rework is necessary.  In this case, I wasn't 100% thrilled with the bracelet, the amethyst looked great, but the spacer beads just weren't cutting it:
So I looked through my inventory to see what else would work better, and started over.  Here is my second attempt:

I think this one looks SO MUCH better, the shine and simplicity of the ball beads compliment the smooth curves of the amethyst and give the bracelet an overall elegant look.  It's funny how a small change can have such a large impact, seeing that illustrated here pushes me to continue striving for the best and never settle for anything less.  If I don't love a piece, how can I expect anyone else to?

On it's own, this bracelet is dainty and sweet.  But it also occurred to me that it would work well as part of a set.  So I got to work on two more of the exact same bracelet, and put them all together.  The effect?  Voila!  I love it!  They are still dainty and sweet, but the three together just have more of an impact, plus I love to hear them jingle against each other as I move. 
If you love these as much as I do, check them out on my Etsy site: www.etsy.com/shop/jomariejewelry

They're perfect for a February Birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment